What Is The Software Developer Program And What Can You Accomplish As A Student?
The Software Training Program consists of courses and curricula created by experts in the industry. Students will learn the key programming languages, techniques, and practices used to build websites and applications in the technology industry.
This 33-week, fully online, 10-course program will allow students to gain software development skills that are in demand across many industries. These skills range from setting up databases and cloud deployments to coding from scratch.
Because of hands-on learning and expert instruction, students will be prepared to develop, upgrade, assess, and document software and applications. You will become a team player and creative problem solver who is ready for new challenges.
Your software programming education will lead you to some of the highest salaries among technology professionals, no matter which industry you work in. In 2020, the median salary for software developers was $110,140, reports the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics.
You will gain tangible experience building a full-stack web application using front-end, back-end, and database development as an Agile Project Team. Additionally, you improve soft skills, including critical thinking, problem-solving, teamwork, time management, and more.
As a graduate of this program, you can expect to bring a variety of programming and coding skills to your current or future career, which include:
- Coding from scratch
- Utilizing back-end development to program server side applications and RESTful Web API’s using Express, ASP.NET or Spring
- Creating databases using MySQL and MongoDB
- Using Responsive Design to produce mobile friendly applications for iOS and Android
- Working with an Agile software development team, which is used in most workplaces today
COURSES - 33 WEEKS
Coding from Scratch
Front End Foundations
Front End Frameworks
Back End Foundations
Mobile Apps & Responsive Design
Agile Project Management & Career Skills
Deployment & Web Security
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER PROGRAM STRUCTURE
Choose from several flexible options for completing the Software Developer certificate program:
- Register for the full program and save 14%
- Start with Track 1 and stack remaining tracks to manage cost over time
- Tracks may be taken out of order, but we strongly recommend you take sequentially.
Featuring tiered pricing – the more you stack, the less you pay per track!
- First Track Purchase = $5,600
- Second Track Purchase = $4,620
- Third Track Purchase = $3,780
PLEASE NOTE: Only students who complete all tracks are prepared to sit for the certification exam.
CONTACT YOUR WORKFORCE TRAINING SPECIALIST
FOR MORE DETAILS ON THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER TRACKS.
Gain a robust understanding of programming languages to design and build websites, computer programs, and apps.
- Coding from Scratch
- Front End Foundations
- Front End Frameworks (React)
- Front End Frameworks (Angular)
- Create robust web apps and code structure for large, client-side web projects
- Learn front-end best practices and Single Page Web Applications (SPA) with either React or Angular framework
Gain fundamental database and programming skills. Learn to use MySQL and MongoDB to design tables & collections.
- Database Foundations
- Programming Foundations-JAVA
- Programming Foundations-C#
- Learn how to design, store, & manipulate databases. Students will work with both rational (SQL) & non-rational databases
Learn how to program server side applications & RESTful Web API’s using Express, ASP. NET, or Spring.
- Backend Foundations-JAVA
- Backend Foundations-C#
- Create server-side web apps & services with choice of Express, ASP .NET, or Spring
- Explore Responsive Design principles and create a mobile-first experience to be used on mobile apps (iOS/Android)
- Mobile Apps and Responsive Design
- Agile Project Management and Career Skills
- Deployment & Web Security
- Group Project
- Explore Responsive Web Design principles and create a mobile-first web experience
- Manage software projects & teams, learn roles & responsibilities as well as the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Understand the process & benefits of deploying a web application to a cloud hosting provider
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER JOB POSSIBILITIES
As the tech industry expands, the employment market for skilled software development professionals is growing much faster than average. In fact, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics sees strong continued growth in the software development field and predicts the number of jobs will increase by about 22% through 2030 with an estimated 189,200 new jobs opening up in the field each year over that period.
The career opportunities available to program graduates span across several industries, such as technology, government, healthcare and retail. These jobs include but are not limited to:
$52,000 – $113,000
$73,500 – $238,500
$52,000 – $120,000
Graduates of the Software Developer Program are prepared to sit for the Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals exam and the Oracle Certified Foundations Associate exam.
This certification ensures that you understand cloud computing concepts and the core Azure services.
Certified Foundations Associate
This certification ensures that you understand Java.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER PAYMENT OPTIONS
In addition to the following payment options, we offer special corporate volume pricing. Visit the Corporate page for details.
Pay in full using any major credit card, PayPal, or Venmo. Select “credit card” as your payment option.
Apply for PayPal Credit and pay zero interest if your balance is paid in full within 6-months. Complete a quick application and you’ll receive a credit decision within seconds.
Pay for your training with an education loan through Meritize.
Complete the course registration process to reserve your seat using one of these options.
Many employers have education programs or will pay for continued education! Select “Corporate Invoice” if you need an invoice to process payment through company training tuition assistance/reimbursement plans.
DO YOU NEED HELP PAYING FOR YOUR CERTIFICATION PROGRAM?
Many employers offer education assistance programs. Download the brochures to show your employer the benefit of upskilling their employees.
MEET YOUR WORKFORCE TRAINING SPECIALIST
April is your Workforce Training Specialist. She is here to help you understand your program of study, payment options, and succeed! Get in touch with her to learn more about your program, Professional Workforce Development, and how to achieve your workforce development goals!
Less than 8 months
No. This program does not count for college credit.
No prior experience in the technology industry or education in technology is required.
Interested In Another Program?
Washington Adventist University provides the highest quality training in order to best serve students and surrounding communities. Our specialized career training programs provide up-to-date and in-demand skills, preparation and certification, ensuring that everyone who completes our programs is of the highest caliber.