What Is The Data Science Training Program And What Can You Accomplish As A Student?
The Data Science Training Program consists of courses and curricula created by experts in the industry. Students will learn to extract, analyze, visualize, manage, and store data to help companies make data-driven decisions with those insights.
This 33 week, fully-online, 10-course program will allow students to have hands-on experience and build up data science skills. These in-demand skills range from mastering programming and data modeling to effectively cloud computing.
With expert instruction and these skills, you will be prepared for a successful data science career.
This program can position you for some of the best-paid entry-level positions and increase employment opportunities across multiple industries. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Database Administrators and Architects (which is one of the many job opportunities for data science careers) can make a salary ranging from $48,880 to $169,500.
Students will gain tangible experience and build a data science portfolio that showcases all of the accomplishments and skills achieved throughout the program, and improve soft skills, including critical thinking, problem-solving, teamwork, time management, and more.
As a graduate of this program, you can expect to bring a variety of applied mathematics and computer science-based skills to your current or future career, which include:
- Effectively gathering insights from and creating databases in SQL
- Programming in both Python and R
- Turning data into beautiful visuals using Tableau
- Cloud computing to manage Big Data
- Performing machine learning algorithms in Python
- Mastering data modeling
- Project managing using Agile and Waterfall
COURSES - 33 WEEKS
Statistical Programming in R
Metrics and Data Processing
Data Wrangling and Visualization
Machine Learning and Modeling
Introduction to Big Data
Programming Foundations in Python
DATA SCIENCE PROGRAM STRUCTURE
Choose from several flexible options for completing the Data Science certificate program:
- Register for the full program and save 14%
- Start with Track 1 and stack remaining tracks to manage cost over time
- Tracks may be taken out of order, but we strongly recommend you take sequentially.
Featuring tiered pricing – the more you stack, the less you pay per track!
- First Track Purchase = $5,600
- Second Track Purchase = $4,620
- Third Track Purchase = $3,780
CONTACT YOUR WORKFORCE TRAINING SPECIALIST
FOR MORE DETAILS ON THE DATA SCIENCE TRACKS.
Learn the fundamentals of analytics, data visualization, and predictive modeling.
- Introduction to Data Science and Basic Statistics
- Metrics and Data Processing
- Introduction to Big Data
- Learn what it means to be a data scientist. Understand the basics of data & perform your first analyses & visualizations
- Learn how to create new metrics for businesses & basics of Agile Project Management
- Learn Big Data concepts like MapReduce and learn Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Spark
Gain skills to use Python and R programming to visualize and analyze data. Learn how to manage data repositories and generate insights.
- Statistical Programming in R
- Programming Foundations
- Database Foundations
- Use R to manipulate, analyze, and visualize data
- Learn common programming concepts in Python such as lists, loops, dictionaries, and functions
- Learn how to design, store, and manipulate databases. Students will work with both rational (SQL) and non-rational databases
Learn the foundations of machine learning algorithms like k-nearest neighbors, random forest, and natural language processing. Identify data patterns and trends using computer science and applied mathematics theories.
- Data Wrangling and Visualization
- Machine Learning and Modeling
- Intermediate Statistics
- Group Project
- Understand the process of changing the structure & format of raw data until the data is compatible with sometimes rigid requirements for analysis and appreciate the power of representing data graphically
- Predict future events & reduce risk through supervised & unsupervised machine learning & modeling techniques
- Draw insight from data using advanced statistical analyses
- Solve your own real-world problem using the data analysis techniques of your choosing, then present in front of potential employers
DATA SCIENCE JOB POSSIBILITIES
As the tech industry expands, the employment market for skilled data science professionals is growing rapidly. In fact, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics sees strong continued growth in the data science field and predicts the number of jobs will increase by about 31.4% through 2030.
The job opportunities available to program graduates span across several industries, such as technology, business, government, finance and marketing. Entry-level positions include but are not limited to:
$48,000 – $112,000
$57,000 – $123,000
$69,000 – $140,000
DATA SCIENCE PAYMENT OPTIONS
In addition to the following payment options, we offer special corporate volume pricing. Visit the Corporate page for details.
Pay in full using any major credit card, PayPal, or Venmo. Select “credit card” as your payment option.
Apply for PayPal Credit and pay zero interest if your balance is paid in full within 6-months. Complete a quick application and you’ll receive a credit decision within seconds.
Pay for your training with an education loan through Meritize.
Complete the course registration process to reserve your seat using one of these options.
Many employers have education programs or will pay for continued education! Select “Corporate Invoice” if you need an invoice to process payment through company training tuition assistance/reimbursement plans.
DO YOU NEED HELP PAYING FOR YOUR CERTIFICATION PROGRAM?
Many employers offer education assistance programs. Download the brochures to show your employer the benefit of upskilling their employees.
MEET YOUR WORKFORCE TRAINING SPECIALIST
April is your Workforce Training Specialist. She is here to help you understand your program of study, payment options, and succeed! Get in touch with her to learn more about your program, Professional Workforce Development, and how to achieve your workforce development goals!
Less than 8 months
No. This program does not count for college credit.
No previous statistical programming skills are needed. Throughout the program, students will dive into statistical concepts and learn common programming concepts in both R and Python.
Students will learn programming in Python and statistical programming in R. They will also learn how to design, store and manipulate databases in both rational SQL databases and nonrational databases.
No prior experience in the technology industry or education in technology is required.
Interested In Another Program?
Washington Adventist University provides the highest quality training in order to best serve students and surrounding communities. Our specialized career training programs provide up-to-date and in-demand skills, preparation and certification, ensuring that everyone who completes our programs is of the highest caliber.